Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New name

All right, I need a new name for this blog! I'm thinking "A day in the life of a blissfully, exstatically happily married Mormon" might work :D Ay other ideas?

Besides that, here are my observations on adjusting back to Mormonville i.e. Small Town Utah life:

I miss my branch in South Dakota. Who knows if I'll even be asked to give a prayer in my family ward, while I'm used to leading the music, giving prayers, talks, or lessons almost every week! Utah wards just can't compare to branches.

I like living in a city with a temple... now if only I'd get more time so I could go... next week fo sho!

I'm still not used to all the UT license plates! We saw plates from all over the country at Sylvan.

It still weirds me out to hear people talk about church while at work. I've heard people talk about their stake president, the secretary told one of the boys he needs to be in church, and one of the first questions asked me on my first day was if I were LDS. Strange strange strange!!!

I like living closer to my family- though it seems kind of far away still, closer is always better.

Everything I totally missed is so close right now! Maverik with their frozen yogurt, RED BOXES are all over the place, even though Vernal is about 1/2 the size of Rapid, there are more than 2x's the redboxes here :D :D :D, Panda Express and Fazolis are in the State, though not specifically in Vernal.

All in all it's strange, but good to be here. Life is good, but stressful, nice but hard at the same time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, it's me,Erica.
Again, I am happy for you. And now you got a reason to change the name of your blog. Nice.

sagewillow said...

I think you should get a new blog altogether, you can export this one into your new one, that way not only your blog name will change but your blog address also. btw you still have my old blog up on your blog roll, that blog does not exist anymore. Good luck girl just two more days of insanity and real life begins!!!!
ps: I wanna come to your reception, where are you going to have it at?

Hales Family said...

How about "A Day in the Life of Carrie Austen"?

Ev said...

Carrie! Kim told me about this blog...I am so happy things are going well for you. Congrats! ~Evie