Wednesday, September 2, 2009

2 things- Annie don't read this!

1. No fair! Seth (the guy from Vernal, see 100th post) has shown my blog to his family, but I have yet to see any of theirs. Granted, they might not have one, but it's kind of un-nerving to have people read most of your inner thoughts, while you have no idea who they are.

2. If I don't post for four -plus days, it could mean that I died or something. I tend to go jogging around the lake, then galavanting behind the dam on some great rock formations. I realized today that I always make sure to let people know where I'm going-- if it's a long hike, but if I just jog, I don't make it a point. So, you can be the first to know: I'm behind the lake in the rocks! I think if I don't show up for work for four days, they'll just think I'm off gambling or something ;) Maybe I'll try to wear red just in case the helicopters come looking for my body...

From May in Custer State Park

Take today for instance. I went to my usual spot, high on a hill overlooking the morning light across the rolling hills, then over those rocks to another outcropping of granite, down and across the stream to a place that I've only climbed down, but never up... I freaked myself out as I climbed up the boulders, with small hand holds and a pretty big drop off. There were wild raspberries to eat once I got to a ledge, so I enjoyed it, but still, my heart was beating fast as I contemplated falling to my death with no one around. Once I got to the top, I went exploring to some spots I haven't been, and ended the adventure on my flat rock that I once tried yoga moves on, but it was a bit too much for my poor palms. I sat there pondering my life as the wind picked up, swishing the shoulder high grass around me, making the Aspen leaves turn musical. I sat there taking it all in, and sort of memorizing the moment for future stressful moments. All in all it was a great morning, and even if I do fall one day, at least it'll be doing something I love :D

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank you for taking off the word verification thing. It has the handicap signal next to it. So I thought it had something to do with that.

Rachel said...

Don't worry, I'll send out the search and rescue if you don't blog for about four days. Your morning sounds relaxing and was relaxing to read about. Lucky, soak up those mountains.

Rachel said...

Cathy looks a little wild and crazy in your blog title picture.

Rachel said...

Is Seth that guy from church that likes you?

author.andrea said...

hey!!!! i read it Carrie!!! DON'T HIKE BY YOURSELF!!!!! that's all I have to say!!!.....oh and love ya;)

Kristy said...

I was laughing the whole time thinking of Annie's reaction, but seriously, don't die please. Tell me where you're going, you can call for free you know. Love ya sis.