Thursday, September 24, 2009

This week's happenings

  • I shaved today! Definitely a noteworthy topic :)
  • The leaves are already changing colors here, so I'm hoping that they last three weeks so Seth can see them :)
  • Brittney, look what song I found! Remember singing this all the time when I lived with you???
  • Exactly three weeks from today will be my last day of work, I'll be headed home to UT, and we'll see what happens then.
  • My roommate Erica left about a week 1/2 ago :( I'm all alone in my dorm room, but it actually hasn't been too bad. Phone calls have helped!
  • I'm the new Relief Society President in my branch. I love the sisters, and the branch here. If I end up living in UT, it'll be sad to leave them :'(
  • Monday I taught the FHE lesson on reactivation. I have heard that there are 200 or so single people in the stake- since I got here, so I tracked down the list, went over it with the branch presidency, narrowed it down to just those in the Rapid Wards, then cut up the list, giving everyone people to contact within the next week. I hope it helps! We also had some amazing caramel apples that we were supposed to make two of, one for us, and one for a friend.

Countdowns: 3 weeks from today, done with my job. 1 week from today: Going to Rapid to sleep over, before leaving for UT for General Conference !!!!! on Friday :) 2 days from today: Relief Society Broadcast, leadership meeting, and dinner at the church :D 1 day from today: Serving at a wedding instead of going to Spear Fish Canyon to see the waterfalls :( 1 hour from now: it'll be almost 5 pm? I draw a blank. 1 minute from now: I'll publish this post.

  • I've come upon a few great scriptures lately, more to follow on the next post...
That's all for now. Have a great week!

No comments: