Wednesday, September 9, 2009

To remind me

So, today is a day of complaining guests, mad employees (upset at me, though it has nothing to do with my part of it), and cold weather. I needed to remember this talk.

Then my facebook friend Ann (never met her), mentioned something about grief, and moving past giving up hope. It made me ponder the idea of giving up hope. After some thought, I've decided that it is a good thing to stop hoping, for a change that will never happen. Of course there is always hope in the gospel etc. but if you spend your life hoping things were different, or hoping that the unchangeable will in fact change... it might be time to move through the grief of giving up hope- for that one specific thing. Acceptance can be healing- but what a hard thing it is to be human sometimes. If only I could see through God's all knowing eyes, feel His all powerful love, and know as He knows... NOW. That will have to wait, but at least I know that someday I'll be there. I told her that grief is messy, and usually needs tissue and chocolate. And of course good friends to share both.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the video and the amazing prospective it gives. That is one I could here over and over again.

Rachel said...

BTY what trip are you counting down to?